Zoom Math 100 Installation Instructions
What You Need
To install Zoom Math 100, you need a TI-83 Plus or TI-84 Plus graphing calculator that is not a CE. (A TI-84 Plus Silver Edition or a TI-Nspire with an 84 Plus keypad installed will work.)
You also need TI Connect (available below), and you need a cable to connect your calculator to your computer.
Check Your Memory
- On your calculator, press 2nd MEM. (MEM is on the plus key.)
- Choose “2:Mem Mgmt/Del…”
- How much ARC FREE does your calculator have? If it’s more than 50,000 (or 50K), then it’s enough. Go ahead and install Zoom Math 100.
- If you have less than 50,000 ARC FREE, you need to delete some apps you aren’t using. Go down below the bottom of the screen until you reach a menu option that says “A:Apps.” Highlight that option and press ENTER.
- Move the arrow onto an app you aren’t using and press DEL.
- The calculator will ask, “Are You Sure?” Choose “2:Yes.”
- See how much memory you have now. Keep deleting apps until you have at least 50,000 ARC FREE.
Install TI Connect
- Windows: Click here to download TI Connect for Windows.
- Mac: Click here to download TI Connect for Mac.
Install Zoom Math 100
- Download the “Zoom100.8xk” file to your desktop. Click here to download Zoom Math 100. When downloading to your computer, “Save” the file to your desktop. Do not try to “Open” the file on your computer.
- Make sure your calculator is turned on and connected to your computer via the cable.
- Start the program TI Connect on your computer.
- Within TI Connect, run TI DeviceExplorer. A window should appear: “TI-84 Plus – TI DeviceExplorer.
- Close all windows except the TI Device Explorer then drag the “Zoom100.8xk” file from your desktop onto “Flash/Archive.” Another window should appear that reads,”Transferring…” Soon, you should see a progress bar indicating how much longer you’ll have to wait, or an error message if there is a problem.
- After your computer finishes transferring Zoom Math 100 onto your calculator, click on the little + sign next to the word “Applications.” You should see some apps listed now, including “Zoom100” at or near the bottom of the list.
Congratulations, if everything worked fine, Zoom Math 100 is now installed on your calculator. You can now run the app in the free demonstration mode. Purchase a Registration Key to get the full features of Zoom Math 100.
Run Zoom Math 100 on Your Calculator
On the calculator, press APPS. An alphabetical list of applications will appear, with “Zoom100” near the bottom. Use the down arrow to move to “Zoom100,” and press ENTER. (If the list is very long, you can skip down to the Z’s by pressing ALPHA Z.)
"Where I was spending 20+ hours on homework, Zoom reduced it to under 10." - Lori B. Los Angeles, CA
"The Trace function is invaluable because it allows me to relax and check my work. I can catch my errors on the spot." - Lori B., Los Angeles, CA
"What I like is that it allows me to totally grasp the concepts of Algebra like never before." Lori B, - Los Angeles, CA
"Prior to using Zoom I had debilitating anxiety over math success, now that fear is completely gone." - Lori B., Los Angeles, CA
"I am a 43 yr old mom of five sons and going back to college has been a struggle and math is one of my weakest areas. I must say that ZOOM MATH got me through this hard process wonderfully" - Sabrina K. Tampa, FL
"This app has saved my life!" - Natalie W. Portland, OR
"Your programs were instrumental in helping me pass and more importantly, understand, the Algebra and Business/Finance math courses that I had to take to obtain my Associates degree." - Mark C. Buffalo, NY
"Prior to teaching myself with Zoom Math my ACT on the math section was 24 three times in a row. After studying the problems I missed with Zoom Math's Trace feature as my guide I was able to pull my math section of the ACT up to a 31. I now have a 30 composite score and a full ride to the University of Alabama and you guys are 100% responsible!" - Andrew T., Sacramento, CA
"We received my son's MCT scores from 10th grade (end of last year). He jumped 3 levels and scored highest in his class." - Kathy J. Austin, TX
"I completed my math course 6 1/2 weeks ahead of time. It would not have been possible without your ZOOM 300 SOFTWARE. If I had your product at the beginning of my 24 week course I would have completed this course within 2 weeks." - Bernard P., Los Angeles, CA